1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 (6-inch) pitas
12 ounces Brie
12 Medjool dates (equals about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Toast pecans on a baking sheet in the oven for about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Place pecans in a small bowl. Stir together with honey and cinnamon, and set aside.
- Slice each pita into 8 equal wedges. Slice Brie into 24 equal pieces. Slice each date in half lengthwise and remove pit.
- Deflect all questions while you build these bites. Place pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Top each with a piece of Brie and half of a date. Bake until cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Place warm bites on a serving dish. Drizzle with honey mixture and serve warm. This sweet starter will win them over!
Craftily Yields: 24 appetizers
Slyly Serves: a crowd!